søndag 27. juni 2010

Introducing the VAUUAV project.

As I`m writing this I`m sitting in my room at the K.I.S.S building in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland. I`m on my way to the Summit station at 32oom above sea level where I will spend the next 7 weeks as a part of the team that will do scientific measurements for the VAUUAV project. More about the VAUUAV project can be found here

My job will mainly be piloting the Cryowing UAS and maintainance between flights. Spending my summer on the icecap of Greenland will be exciting and different experience that I`m looking forward to, but at the same I know it may sometimes be a though experience. I`m wondering how its going to be, spending the nights in a tent without heating when the outside temperature is between -10 and -20 degrees. Also being almost completely isolated from the rest of the world for the next seven weeks may be hard. I`m already looking forward to when I get to see my girlfriend again.

My C-130 flight to Summit is supposed to be leaving early tomorrow morning. I`ll be writing more on this blog when I get settled in at Summit. Now I`m very tired after two days of travelling and I really need to get some sleep.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar